Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Baconing!

The Baconing! It's a hack-n-slash action RPG!


There's hacking and slashing! Yes! This is what I was hoping for in Greed: Black Border and did not find. Well, here it is, hacking and slashing and leveling up and all-around action-packed sweetness. I spent like 5 hours today playing this game because it's sweet!

Okay, like, the guy you play as is DeathSpank. Some sort of superhero-type guy. Whatever. Lots of silly dialogue and absurdity. The plot is you have these five Thongs of Power, but they created an Anti-Spank who is evil and stuff, so you have to destroy them in the five legendary fires of Bacon.


See, destroying the first Thong! It's obviously an absurd premise and pretty much everything in this game is absurd. So if that plot summary amuses you, you will probably get a kick out of this game.

But anyway, unlike Greed: Black Border, this game has a sane control scheme that actually lets you move and attack at the same time. And you can use a keyboard or a gamepad. Whichever one you don't use is for the second player--you get to have a sidekick to help you in your quest. But I'm solo, unfortunately, so I don't get to play co-op, even though there are some cool sidekicks to choose from.


I guess there's not a whole lot to say--if you've played a hack and slash game, you'll understand this one very quickly. And if you like hack and slash, you will probably like this game. It's pretty cool, and I'm several hours in with only one thong destroyed, so there's got to be at least like 15-20 hours' worth of gameplay here.

So I like it. I approve. Thumbs up. Good value here.

And since Beat Hazard is awesome too, I'm already very satisfied with the value I've gotten out of the "Be Mine 2" bundle, and there's still 3 more games left in it that I haven't touched yet! So I think I'm going to have to heartily endorse this bundle. You can find it here--pick it up while it's still available!

  • Alien Zombie Megadeath
  • Astro Tripper
  • The Baconing
  • Beat Hazard
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening
  • Explodemon
  • FlatOut
  • Future Wars
  • Gear Grinder
  • Greed: Black Border
  • Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
  • Hack, Slash, Loot
  • Madballs in...Babo: Invasion
  • Plain Sight
  • Sol Survivor
  • Trapped Dead
  • Twin Sector
7/17 complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment